Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dancing Under the Lights

Image courtesy of analogartistdigitalworld

 Dancing Under the Lights

“I run on the road, long before I dance under the lights.” ~Muhammad Ali

Does putting on your tap shoes count
or is it merely tantamount
to saying, “It’s still luck or chance?”
Rehearsal first, and then you dance.

Each actor knows the telltale sign
when someone gestures, “Help me. Line?”
You need to practice in advance.
Rehearsal first, and then you dance.

An orchestra’s musicians must
learn all the tunes before they’re thrust
upon the stage.  Not happenstance.
Rehearsal first, and then they dance.

And as a writer, I prepare
and do my diligence with care
to make my words inform, enhance.
Rehearsal first, and then I dance.

###

Notes:  Happy Leap Year Day!  The prompt today at Poetic Asides is to write a preparation poem.  Now, generally, I am a fairly spontaneous person, but I've learned along the way that in order to be spontaneous, sometimes ya gotta plan a little bit, too.  Think about it...it actually makes some sense.  Anyway, the form is Kyrielle.   

Rehearsal first, and then we dance - and or maybe even leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment