Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Fiendish Art

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons


A Fiendish Art

“I’ve been a wicked girl,” said I, “but if I can’t be sorry, why, I might as well be glad.”
~Edna St. Vincent Millay

I’ve been up to all sorts of naughty tricks.    
No apologies, since it’s too much fun.
So I’ll keep you guessing, but just for kicks
I’ll let you in on a secret:  I’ve done
things of great magnitude, like Bellatrix.
Yes, I am that bright star of stories spun
on such fiendish stuff.  I’ve made it an art
‘though ‘neath the façade, I’m still good at heart.

###

Notes: The form is Ottava Rima.  The poem was inspired by the Thirty by Thirty Challenge today of 'wicked.'  And speaking of wicked, for another fiendishly puzzling prompt, please visit Poetic Bloomings

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! Everyone should have a little spark of naughtiness in them, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Still good at heart" if she can find it. ha
    You have a fiendishly wicked imagination - I envy you. Clever poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! -♥-

    I would've commented earlier, but I've been gone most of the day. All for some fiendishly good fun, 'though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! Coming from you, that is quite the naughty compliment!

      Delete