Monday, June 3, 2013

Golden Slumbers

Deep Slumber by Pál Jávor, date unknown - image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons


Golden Slumber

“Sleep pretty darling, do not cry.  And I will sing a lullaby.” ~Golden Slumbers, Lennon/McCartney

Sing me a lullaby; I’ll wait.
Your fairy music comforts me.
We’ll dance around the willow tree
and even ‘though it’s getting late

I’ll feel your breeze; my fears abate.
I’ll stand beneath that willow tree.
Your fairy music comforts me.
Sing me a lullaby; I’ll wait

to hear the dulcet tones create
the words, the notes, a music plea
of fairies and a willow tree.
‘Til golden slumbers actuate,
sing me a lullaby; I’ll wait.

### 
Notes:  This is another Rondel.  The theme was 'slumber' as suggested by Khara House on her Our Lost Jungle site 's Thirty by Thirty Challenge.  This was from yesterday, but I finally got around to finishing this poem.


2 comments:

  1. The rondel is a perfect form for a slumber poem; the constant turning back on phrases is so much akin to drifting to sleep. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete