Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's a Puzzlement...and so much more...

Caïn venant de tuer son frère Abel, by Henry Vidal in Tuileries Garden in Paris, France, a photograph by Alex E. Proimos, image found at Wikimedia Commons


More Bewildered Than Ever

“The more you explain it, the more I don’t understand it.” ~Mark Twain

You really tend to obfuscate
and also circumnavigate
whatever points you try to make.
I’m so confused, for heaven’s sake.

Just tell it to me plain, I beg.
You disregard.  Instead, you segue
into more purple tosh. Headshake.
I’m mystified, for heaven’s sake.

I wonder if you truly know
of what you speak, but even so
the way you say it?  Too opaque.
I’m so perplexed, for heaven’s sake.

I guess it doesn’t matter if
you speak in English or in glyph,
I will not understand your take.
I just give up, for heaven’s sake.

###

Notes:  The form is Kyrielle (with a tiny bit of modification.)  The poem was inspired by the theme of 'more' at Khara House's 30 by 30 Challenge.  

And.. if you are looking for a really fun form, check out Poetic Bloomings' In-form Poet page.  Today's form is the 'Appreciate.'

6 comments:

  1. Oh, RJ! This is you at your fantastical wordplay, master of form best. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, De! Coming from a talent like you, that's high praise indeed! ♥

      Delete
  2. What wonderful fun this one is! Love it, RJ.

    ReplyDelete